Tuesday, February 26, 2013

If you could live in one decade in the 20th century in America what would you choose?

Thought about this question the other day for some random reason. I think there are a lot of variables to go into play- whats your-sex, race, religious background... obviously is going to affect your choice but for all intents and purposes lets just say your a standard Anglo Saxon male. I'll break down my top 3 choices (my answers are really not so serious so bare with me):

1. 1980's- Definitely one of the most polarizing decades in American  history because of: the expansion of extreme wealth disparity among classes,  increasing  urban decay, some serious foreign  policy blunders, cold war tension, and  a stock market crash...it may not seem like a top choice. But the positives I think outweigh the negatives in this question for a couple of reasons....



Music- People might have different views on 80's music and at the end of the decade the music was getting a little corny.....but bands like the talking heads, and  Bruce Springsteen were balling. Also Eddie Money- "Take me home tonight", and Jesse's Girl make all the pussies drip
Clothes- Have you ever seen Call on me video by Eric Prydz, Chicks in those getup's are hot as fuck
Miami Vice- The king of all bro shows. Don Johnson is still killing it by the way as Kenny Powers dad.







2. 1900's- Kind of a wild card I have to say but I think it be cool to live in a time before 2 world wars, the Titanic and the  all other nonsense that would becoming in the future. I'd just be chilling on a horse robbing trains and shit. Also Teddy Rossevelt  was a boss.



3. 1920's- Kind of a given, Everyone knows 1920's were awesome. Gatsby life for days.....except the stock market crash that would have sucked...
























overrated choices....1990's- to recent...to much modern technology....1960's- way to much shit was going on....1970s'...everyone lost their minds

No comments:

Post a Comment